West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So when running a full set of tests it always occurs to me that the bottle sizes for the R7 vs r10 seem reversed. I need only 2 drops of R-0007 and it comes in a bigger sized bottle, and 10 drops of R-0010 which comes in a smaller bottle.

I dont know if there is a big price difference between those two reagents but it would seem like there is an opportunity in the TF-100 kit to just switch out the sizes of those two bottles. Seems like you could get a lot more tests done. BTW. I never run out of the TA test but seem to for the CH test which validates my theory.

Just some bored Saturday morning musings...

I am testing TA much more often then CH. If you have a pool that needs acid once or twice a week a TA check should be done frequently after MA additions.

CH rarely changes once set much and can be tested monthly.

I think your testing frequency is different then the TF-100 designers assumed. How often do you test TA and CH?

In season I am usually doing a full set of tests weekly. If I bother to bring out the test kit I might as well just test everything. I can probably reduce the amount of CH testing (it really does not change much). Actually my TA does not change much either, as I have been trying to get it down from 70 to 60 this week so that I can add borates. I guess my pool just likes TA at 70.

I like to test CYA a little more often than most since I think I have the only pool in the world where I struggle to keep CYA high.

Yep, have extra cylinders but ordered some more so they work with the sample sizer which I also just ordered. I also have extra beans for the SpeedStir so I should be all set now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.