Quotes & "Specials" In Tampa FL

usfbull

Gold Supporter
May 11, 2020
Tampa FL
Surface
Plaster
Hi All,

I have been lurking for a bit and reading. We are open to fiberglass or concrete.

We are in the process of calling builders to setup quotes.

I came across one builder offering "specials" of course these sound good to the novice but feel like there must be a catch. Is it the pentair equipment? things not inluded in this "base" price "special"

Gold Package $27,988 (Savings of $3,000.00)

Full Size Concrete Pool (Depending On Shape - 12'/14' Wide x 26'- 28' Long) 3'- 5' Depth

Pentair Variable Speed Pump
Pentair Cartridge Filter
Pentair IChlor Salt Chlorine System
Bullnose Brick Coping w/6"x 6" Tile
Standard Run Electric
3 Shallow End Steps
4' Deep End Swimout Bench
White LED Pool Light
3' Full Size Paver Deck Around Pool Perimiter
SunShelf With Bubbler & Umbrella Sleev
Genuine PebbleTec/PebbleSheen Aggregate Interior (Std Colors)
Start Up Chemicals/Equipment – Personal Instruction

us,

They just price up a pool and then put (Savings of $3K off to the side)... There is noting special about it..

Pentair is one of the three major brands and considered by many to be the best one.. But it is a "My Chevy beats your Ford" kind of thing.

Compared to most quotes, it is missing all the details that make a difference.

Take a look through our Construction Forum and you can see the difference in the missing details.. It just might be that you do not get a detailed quote until you have completed the design of your specific pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: usfbull
Thanks Jim,

I guess another question would be are there things clearly omitted that will be instant upcharges as they are necessary additions and not just optional additions.

I will look through the forum to see if I can figure it out. The pricing seems to good to be true and one of those real you in type of things :)

It looks too good to be true. Its a fair size pool with premium Pentair equipment, bubblers, LED light, brick coping and PebbleTec finish. Would expect this to be twice the price.
What is the payment schedule?
I don't know. Just saw this special listed on their website. Will try giving them a call tomorrow to get some more info.

Probably just a special price that they never really give in reality to get sales leads. Get a few bids for a pool - it won't take long to get a ballpark price for the pool you are looking for.

Having recently finished a build in Tampa that price is ridiculously low. We received quotes from several builders. My neighbor is in the process of getting bids right now and builders aren’t even calling back right away since they are so busy. Read reviews and check Angies List and also make sure they are approved by the Better Business Bureau.

Wow, that price doesn't seem realistic. We've been shopping around in Jacksonville for a 15x30 pool and we haven't seen anything lower than the high forties for a very basic pool, which will likely cost us in the mid-fifties when all is said and done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow, that price doesn't seem realistic. We've been shopping around in Jacksonville for a 15x30 pool and we haven't seen anything lower than the high forties for a very basic pool, which will likely cost us in the mid-fifties when all is said and done.
I can confirm this for Jacksonville. My pool is 15x30 Roman style and with the jacuzzi is mid-50's. 10k less without the jacuzzi.

I used the company you're talking about for my pool build. That number is the starting point. My project turned the platinum package into 100k (I have a lot of upgrades, much larger pool / spa & nearly 3000sqft of travertine). I got bids from multiple companies, all were within about 10% of each other. Overall we've been very happy with our choice of pool builder. We're about a week from being complete and construction started April 28th. They would have completed by now, but they've been held up by a contractor we used to build a roof over our patio, so they work fast!

Werdnaycart,

Small world! I looked at your new build thread and I see you definitely added onto their starting package. I posted this one and not the platinum since we don’t want a spa. You have a huge yard! I am in Tampa and have a 50 x 120 lot.

how much of the equipment did you upgrade from what they offer in the starting package?

I appreciate all of the responses provided! What a great community you provide on this forum.

I would never want such a shallow pool in hot Florida! 3' is ridiculous! That would be the first thing I'd be fixing on that "special"...Cha ching!

maddie
Agree! Was thinking more in the way of 3.5 to 6 feet. Will need an enclosure as we have some trees at the back of the property.

does adding depth add a lot of extra cost?

Werdnaycart,

Small world! I looked at your new build thread and I see you definitely added onto their starting package. I posted this one and not the platinum since we don’t want a spa. You have a huge yard! I am in Tampa and have a 50 x 120 lot.

how much of the equipment did you upgrade from what they offer in the starting package?

I appreciate all of the responses provided! What a great community you provide on this forum.

I added a second pump for water features, added a second skimmer, Intellicenter for automation, a Quad DE100 filter, larger salt cell, larger propane heater, we also had a large screen enclosure, large sun shelf and ended up with 3.5'-6' depth. The screen and the travertine were by far the costliest additions

I added a second pump for water features, added a second skimmer, Intellicenter for automation, a Quad DE100 filter, larger salt cell, larger propane heater, we also had a large screen enclosure, large sun shelf and ended up with 3.5'-6' depth. The screen and the travertine were by far the costliest additions
I just called them to see if they could come out do a consultation. The woman who answered said there is a delay in permitting for the city of Tampa so until that clears up they are not doing any consultations in the city.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.