mypoolmydogs

Apr 26, 2022
Kathleen, Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have had a swg for 10 years and am done with them. I have removed it and now have 3" tablet feeder. I have a 21,000 gallon pool with zero chlorine at the moment. How
many jugs of chlorine will it take me to bring it up to about 3 ppm? I will need to keep an eye on the chlorine all summer since this is my first year without swg and will need
an accurate test kit, are Taylor products worth the purchase?
Thank you and happy swimming

M,

That is odd.. Most people that have a SWCG would rather fill their pools in if someone took their SWCG away.. :mrgreen:

Tell us why..

If you add 64 oz. of 12.5% Liquid Chlorine it will add 3 ppm of FC in a 21K gallon pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.

The two pool kits we endorse are ABSOLUTELY worth every penny. What they cost is a pittance to what people who use pool store potions pay, often without batting an eye.

We want folks to have a reliable kit, that gives reproducible test results and are far, far more accurate than "Guess Strips".
The Taylor K-2006C found online is equivalent to the TF-Pro found at www.tftestkits.net Both use Taylor drop reagents.
I use the TF-ProSalt kit. I buy the refills in spring and in total I don't spend more than $150./Year on my pool.
I've never once had algae 🤞 so my testing is being done right.

Maddie ☮️

I have had a swg for 10 years and am done with them. I have removed it and now have 3" tablet feeder.
I, too, am curious about this? Before I moved to Las Vegas I had a pool in California. I started out with 3” tablets and went through a terrible cycle of draining and refilling every few years because the tablets add cyanuric acid and my levels of cya kept getting out of hand. After my last refill cycle I found TFP and finally learned about the free chlorine/cyanuric acid (fc/cya) relationship. I started chlorinating my pool with liquid chlorine only. When I sold that house and moved to Las Vegas, I built my current pool and I was definitely adding a SWG. Haven’t looked back.

So that is why I am curious for your thought process on removing your SWG?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.