Questions for Dolphin Robot Cleaner Owners

That's kinda what I thought, but to cover the pool in 2 hours, I would think it would "learn" the pool in some way other than just random patterns. I had heard it relearns it each time it is powered up. I'm trying to manage my expectations of how it works.
The algorithm seems to work pretty well. Unless pool is super dirty (pool opening) it gets pretty close if not 100% of the floor and a good amount of the water line/walls. It bounces around randomly but does seem to get pretty complete coverage. If it's super dirty I clean basket out and run it again. I have found if the filters get really clogged with sand or dirt it starts pushing stuff around but have only had that happened trying to clear up after opening.

Reactions: les_garten
Les,

When you look at the robot's movements they look pretty random.. Not sure how it "maps", but I don't care..

If I have one dime-sized leaf when I put the robot in the pool, it will be gone when the robot is done.. That said, it must be able to see you, because if you are watching, it will go around the one leaf until you go inside for five minutes, and then go get it.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

The issue was constant water intrusion into the motor. The first 3 times, the unit had to be sent back to Maytronic I had to pay the shipping to them @ $60 each time. After that they would issue a FEDEX label. There were 5 more failures for the same water intrusion within the first 15 months. This April after repairing the unit 3 times since January 2021, the LED lights failed and it stopped working again. Maytronics finally replace the unit with a new one. That unit's brand new power supply did not work and took almost 3 weeks for them to send out the replacement.

Thanx, I'm sure that was painful to reminisce about.

I have an M500 that I've had about 5 years now. About 3 years in it quits working, talked with the lady at Maytronics , did a little diagnostic over the phone and ended up sending it in for testing. Seems the motor got goofy and only a few days after my 3 year warrantee ran out.. They honored my warrantee anyway, they replaced the entire power unit and sent it back! Skip ahead a year, lightning struck my house and killed it again (along with my hot tub, a couple computers, and a bunch of other stuff) Anyway I sent it back in they replaced the power unit again at a nominal price and I had it back in a week.
In my opinion customer service there is great!! Would not hesitate to buy another! My only thing is I bought the M500 over the M400 because it has a remote, I can drive it o a dirty spot or whatever.. I NEVER USE IT, wish I had saved the extra $100!
Cool factor is cheap at only a $100 though, don't you think?

There's only one place really to buy one of these at and she is basically sold out of everything. She answered my questions at midnight last night and said she had (2) M600's and was out of all the rest till late July or later. I guess a Pandemic and a few thousand Rocket attacks tend to slow things up a bit. I ordered the M600. Thanx for all the feedback you guys gave me. I'll keep my crippled Kreepy Krauley in the back of the closet just in case of emergency. I'll know fast if it has issues. If will have to work all year here in S.FL

The issue was constant water intrusion into the motor. The first 3 times, the unit had to be sent back to Maytronic I had to pay the shipping to them @ $60 each time. After that they would issue a FEDEX label. There were 5 more failures for the same water intrusion within the first 15 months. This April after repairing the unit 3 times since January 2021, the LED lights failed and it stopped working again. Maytronics finally replace the unit with a new one. That unit's brand new power supply did not work and took almost 3 weeks for them to send out the replacement.

Where did you buy yours from?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
les,

I don't, but for a different reason than you are thinking.. It won't electrocute you, but it is quiet and can sneak up on you if not careful.

I just don't like to see the robot in my pool.. I use it two or three times a week. I generally run it and take it out, or take it out the next morning.. There is a reason that ads for new pools don't show a cleaner in the pool... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

les,

I don't, but for a different reason than you are thinking.. It won't electrocute you, but it is quiet and can sneak up on you if not careful.

I just don't like to see the robot in my pool.. I use it two or three times a week. I generally run it and take it out, or take it out the next morning.. There is a reason that ads for new pools don't show a cleaner in the pool... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Gotcha there, I got more redneck in me than you do, methinks!

OK, who gets in the pool without removing the cleaner?
Thats Me I Am GIF by Ryn Dean

I do pick it up, move it to the side & loop the cord up on the deck to keep it out of the way for swimmers/floaters. I find if I remove it I will forget to put it back & then when the schedule runs i will find it to have fallen over & have to re do the schedule. Mine is on a smart plug so when its not scheduled to run the power is off to the entire unit.

Reactions: KJB1 and les_garten
There's only one place really to buy one of these at and she is basically sold out of everything. She answered my questions at midnight last night and said she had (2) M600's and was out of all the rest till late July or later. I guess a Pandemic and a few thousand Rocket attacks tend to slow things up a bit. I ordered the M600. Thanx for all the feedback you guys gave me. I'll keep my crippled Kreepy Krauley in the back of the closet just in case of emergency. I'll know fast if it has issues. If will have to work all year here in S.FL
Haha, I got the same midnight email service last night. I’m going to go with the E30 as that’s all they really have in stock.

Thats Me I Am GIF by Ryn Dean

I do pick it up, move it to the side & loop the cord up on the deck to keep it out of the way for swimmers/floaters. I find if I remove it I will forget to put it back & then when the schedule runs i will find it to have fallen over & have to re do the schedule. Mine is on a smart plug so when its not scheduled to run the power is off to the entire unit.

Got a link for the smart plug you are using?

You guys that run these cleaners, I got a question about when to run it.

I was thinking that I would like to run it before the pump comes on, but would want the pump to come on right after the cleaning because of anything that was stirred up but not filtered would be suspending anf go to the skimmer or drains?

With a suction cleaner, I obviously had the cleaner and pump running together but was wondering how you guys ran yours?

Can't wait to run my Intelliflo VF at whisper quiet levels!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.