Questions about SLAMming

So we opened our Doughboy 24' above ground pool last week and discovered that we could not hold any chlorine even though my water is crystal clear. I've been doing the BBB method for the past few years and I use the Taylor K-2006 testing kit. I went and re-read pool school to refresh my memory and decided I needed to SLAM my pool. I started two days ago. My water is crystal clear. After night one, I woke up to a FC level of 0. My CYA is 60 so I did the pool math and added the appropriate amount of bleach to bring up the FC to 24. Continued testing and adding bleach every 90 minutes yesterday.

Here are my current numbers:
FC=13.5
CC=0
Ph=6.8 (was 7.2 when I started SLAM, but haven't done anything since)
TA=100
CH=140
CYA=60​

My questions:
I have not been able to attain the SLAM level of 24 during this process. I've only gotten as high as 15.5. My CC started at 1.5 and today it is 0 (yay!). Do I still need to add bleach until I get to the shock level 24? Last night I went to bed with a FC of 15 and a CC of 1 and woke up to a FC of 6.5 and a CC of 0.5. My diligence is paying off with regards to CC, but I cannot get my FC to get up to 24. Thoughts?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Yes, you should continue to target a FC of 24ppm, eventually you should see the FC is not dropping as fast and you should be able to maintain 24ppm for the OCLT.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.