Questions about closing my Coleman ABG pool for the first time

jkobel

Jul 4, 2018
Amesbury
Hi folks, I'm new to this forum and pool life so please forgive my ignorance ;)

I have a Coleman 18x48 (Intex style) ABG pool. I live just north of Boston Ma and I'm getting ready to close the pool for the winter.

I have read the instructions for closing ABG pools in Pool School which seem very straight forward.

The questions come from folks on these boards looking for input and lots of folks responding with "...how many days in a row is the temp below freezing...?"

My plan is to leave it up for the winter and it will be very cold here for days to weeks in a row, possibly longer.

Whats the best way to go about this? Is it as simple as the closing instructions on Pool School? If so, what am i missing with the question about below freezing temps? If not, what else is missing from that article?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to TFP!

I'm not sure why people are concerned with how many consecutive days are below freezing unless it has to do with the decision to not close the pool in more moderate climates. May a link to a particular post or thread would help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.