Wi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
So I have installed the SWG and new variable speed pump.
I have a 32000 gallon water
SJ 45 SWG
I have Hayward 27 inch d and filter with 1.5 valve.
I plumbed two inch out of pump converted to 1.5 at filter head.
Out put to SWG is all 1.5 inch thru out to water from filter thru flo meter and cell. Then splits into two pipes into pool. Seems to run ok but lots of air in SWG not making chlorine yet.

Questions
Is this ok or should I change 1.5 through out or replace head unit on filter to 2 inch and run 2 inch thru out.

Have SWG invited as manual says with VS pump to install upside down, is installed horizontally. Is that correct?

Thanks

I have the RJ model, but I believe both models can operate just fine with 1.5 or 2 inch pipes. I received unions for either option. Not so sure why you are seeing air in the SWG. Are you sure it's not chlorine gas? As for the positioning of the cell itself. the manual does recommend for VSP owners to invert the cell so that facing down to ensure the plates remain covered during low rpms.

So I have installed the SWG and new variable speed pump.
I have a 32000 gallon water
SJ 45 SWG
I have Hayward 27 inch d and filter with 1.5 valve.
I plumbed two inch out of pump converted to 1.5 at filter head.
Out put to SWG is all 1.5 inch thru out to water from filter thru flo meter and cell. Then splits into two pipes into pool. Seems to run ok but lots of air in SWG not making chlorine yet.

Questions
Is this ok or should I change 1.5 through out or replace head unit on filter to 2 inch and run 2 inch thru out.

Have SWG invited as manual says with VS pump to install upside down, is installed horizontally. Is that correct?

Thanks
Just want to make sure can have different intake and input and output sizes.

Do not have SWG turned on yet, just added salt. Its has air gaps if you will going thru clear SWG.

Just want to make sure can have different intake and input and output sizes.

Do not have SWG turned on yet, just added salt. Its has air gaps if you will going thru clear SWG.
The rest of your piping is 1.5"? Yes? Its should be fine. The short length of 2" pipe for the SWG shouldn't make much difference from a flow standpoint. If you are seeing bubbles and the SWG is not on, check then your unions are seated correctly. Something must be pulling air from some where.. It might even be on the suction side of the line if you are not seeing water squirting out of something on the pressure side.

No the pipe from suction at pump to sand filter is 2 inch until right at filter valve then converts to 1.5. All out is 1.5.
Simmers do have 1.5.

Ok.. I understand. and you made the line from the filter to the SWG 2" as well. then reduced it to 1.5" to the rest of the pool. But that would not be creating bubbles. Are you only seeing bubbles in the SWG? or are they coming out of the returns? An SWG will make bubbles as it creates chlorine. I just want to make sure you didn't have it power up by accident.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.