question on pool math program- chlorine selections

mxxmikexx

Jul 11, 2022
Ok, I'll preface this by saying that I've been a chlorine "puck" user for 10 years, so I have no clue where to begin switching over to using liquid chlorine.
currently I am still waiting for my Chlorine levels to come down and I want to be prepared in knowing how to properly dose liquid chlorine from now on

I just ordered the FTF100 kit today, so i wont have it in my hands for at least a few days. so, until then, I just have my 5 way poolmaster liquid test kit to get me by, and/or I can run to leslies down the street if need be

that being said, my current test reading are as follows
FC 5
combined chlorine does not appear to change colors, it appears to maintain same level as FC
Ph 7.5
TA 110 ( i know i need to work on lowering this with more muratic acid)
CYA tested 41 this past sat 7/16 on leslies test. my current test kit will not test CYA
and again, I can run to leslies today If you guys tell me i need a better reading on anything other than what I am able to provide here

leslies test on 7/16 also read FC 12.9
total chlorine 12.9
so im not 100% convinced what my test is telling me that my chlorine has dropped from 12.9 on sat to 5 today? I dunno, maybe that is entirely possible considering I pulled all the pucks out of the water in an effort to bring my chlorine levels down , prior to the 7/16 test, my FC levels were higher than leslies computer could even test, so we know it was higher than 15ppm

my liquid chlorine that I just bought last night says 12.5% sodium Hypochlorite
but when I open up the POOL MATH app in my windows computer, in the dropdown menu I dont see any options that correlate to 12.5% sodium hypoclorite ??
what am i doing wrong with my chlorine selection trying to use the pool math app?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.