Question for those who don't close their pool over winter

I live in Dallas as well. You should always add DE after backwashing. You might want to consider paying to have you filter cleaned the first time and watching the process. It is not hard, getting grids back together, reassembling the filter cover with no small leaks are occasionally a repetitive process. Need to have a good size tube of silicone lube for the o ring. We paid the hundred the first time and then did it afterwards I thought we had a pressure issue this winter and it was the gauge. Look at the gauge when the pool is off. Does it drop to zero? Mine was holding at 10. I have always been told to run the filter for one hour for every 10 degrees. So I can't remember running the pool less than 4 hours. I also run the filter at night to save on energy during the winter. Freeze guard will run at night so no reason to run during the day as well.

DE is cheap compared to replacing your whole grid. I just had to do that and grids cost 180.00 for a full set.

For what is worth IMOHO

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.