Question for builders - dig starts tomorrow and rain in forecast ***UPDATE- POOL DUG NOW RAIN****

It looks like our PM marked one after rebar for the plumber sub but it wasn't installed...I am waiting to hear back from PB on this. I was in Hawaii during plumbing unfortunately and didn't see it.

Maybe last minute decision to not add one...or they forgot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230603_081156_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230603_081156_Gallery.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20230603_081451_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230603_081451_Gallery.jpg
    481.3 KB · Views: 10
I guess the other question is can they add one now that the gunite is poured? If they do I am worried about leakage etc. 🤔

Here’s a 7’ X 40’ reef step @ 7” of water. It has 3 returns, all the reef steps I’m involved with have a minimum of one depending on its size and shape so not to end up with a dead spot of water circulation.
Yes, one can be added after Shotcrete by core drilling and will have the same chance of leaking as a pipe that was shot around during the original application .
Its the plaster crew that seals around all intrusions in the shell during their application process.IMG_4103.jpegIMG_4104.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JC707
Here’s a 7’ X 40’ reef step @ 7” of water. It has 3 returns, all the reef steps I’m involved with have a minimum of one depending on its size and shape so not to end up with a dead spot of water circulation.
Yes, one can be added after Shotcrete by core drilling and will have the same chance of leaking as a pipe that was shot around during the original application .
Its the plaster crew that seals around all intrusions in the shell during their application process.View attachment 499955

Thank you for your input. 👍

Its the plaster crew that seals around all intrusions in the shell during their application process.View attachment 499955View attachment 499959

If they don't install a return in the baja area...is that a big deal? I plan to follow TFP pool chemistry so maybe even if the baja is a dead spot it won't have algae on it if combined with brushing 2x a week or so. 🤔

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.