Question (another one) on abalone shells added to pebblesheen.

Autie

May 20, 2020
Austin TX
We are having pebblesheen blue surf in our pool build, the builder asked me how much shimmer I wanted in my pool. I said a medium effect, so he quoted us 875.00$ for 6 bags, he said " 1 bag per batch. Your pool will be about 6 batches" our pool builder is a small outfit and he is always way behind, very Texan type of man. Anyway, does this seem to too much abalone shell? I read many people say - I added one or two bags - ,although my builder could have small bags which could really only mean 2 bags, I am so sick and tired of this build that I just want it over (we are building a house too so it's been overwhelming) So I assume the plaster company is adding bags to each batch of plaster/pebbesheen, which means it's not hand spread, will be on the walls etc. Can anyone assist me making a decision on this.. Thank you mucho.

I would do a search for abalone shells in the forum --- lots of references to they staining the pool surface later in life. They are organic and the chlorine starts to break them down.

I have no idea on how much you should use for a desired effect .Your PB really should know about that.

Reactions: Autie
I would do a search for abalone shells in the forum --- lots of references to they staining the pool surface later in life. They are organic and the chlorine starts to break them down.

I have no idea on how much you should use for a desired effect .Your PB really should know about that.
Thank you for your reply, it was VERY helpful, I was surprised no one else chimed in but I guess problems are a bigger deal, having had one pool for 18 years I get that!

In talking with my pool builder today, I am more assured that my abalone will be made/overseen by Pebbletec, placed by Pebbletec, originally they were going to use 6 bags for 875.00$ USD, but that was because they were going to add it to the mix, and I need 6 batches, but I asked that it only be hand thrown and that brings it down to 3, I feel pretty good about this, and man I have read ALL I could find on the web, not only here on the forum, but again I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to answer, if it were not for you, I probably wouldn't have known all I do now, my PB said he rarely get's asked for seashell, I asked why and he said e thought by the time customers get to the finish they are overbudget with other features.. they dug some of our trench today! yahoo.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.