Question about using wall foam for the pool floor...

mgmercurio

Jun 22, 2020
Louisville, Kentucky
I have built my Aquasport52 and it is almost ready for the liner. As you can see by the pictures, I still have a few wrinkles to work out in the Armor Sheild Pool pad. But this brings me to my question...

Since I have the Armor Sheild down for the pool floor protection, I am thinking of laying another layer of the pool wall foam on top of that for two reasons:
1. To help eliminate all wrinkles in the liner which may come from the pool pad.
2. To add another 1/4" of cushion.

So my question is...has anyone done this before? Would you recommend it or not?

Thanks,
Matt
p.s. Hoping to squeeze out 2 more good sunny days here in Louisville before winter sets in...

Attachments

• 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 23
I do not think the wall foam will do anything to stop any wrinkles.. now if you use this 1/4 inch foam from lowes it will help much more... I used the 3/4 inch and has been awesome under my pool for 6 years now, it was a little more from the 1/4 inch...

Thank you for this suggestion...I will certainly look into it.....

I do not think the wall foam will do anything to stop any wrinkles.. now if you use this 1/4 inch foam from lowes it will help much more... I used the 3/4 inch and has been awesome under my pool for 6 years now, it was a little more from the 1/4 inch...

Hello, I wanted to ask do you know if its okay to use both faced or unfaced board? Right now I'm looking at blue board from dow and its faced. Thank you

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Dow-Common...oard-Insulation-with-Sound-Barrier/1000168163

Hi Cowboy....quick question...do you have any problem with mold or mildew smell from the wall board under the pool floor? I have read somewhere that putting any kind of "non-breathable" foam board down under the liner tends to get wet and mildew...thus causing a "mildewy" smell under the pool. Have you had any issue like this?

Thanks!
Matt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.