Southern Ontario Canada.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
When the test says add reagent until the water turn from green to red, are we talking about when it just flips from green to red, basically like a pink? Or do you keep adding reagent until its blood red? The instructions don’t distinguish this and it can make a fairly big difference in the result if I’m calculating number of drops between a pink or a dark red colour. Thoughts? Thx.

With tests where you are looking for a color change you add drops until there is no more color change. So with the TA test you add drops until you add a drop and get no further color change. That last drop isn't counted, it's just to verify that you've reached the end of the test.

For example: you're doing the 25 mil test and the 8th drop turns it a deep red and on the 9th drop the solution doesn't get any more red, then you have a TA of 80 ppm.

When the test says add reagent until the water turn from green to red, are we talking about when it just flips from green to red, basically like a pink? Or do you keep adding reagent until its blood red? The instructions don’t distinguish this and it can make a fairly big difference in the result if I’m calculating number of drops between a pink or a dark red colour. Thoughts? Thx.
Great question - I've wondered the same thing!

With tests where you are looking for a color change you add drops until there is no more color change. So with the TA test you add drops until you add a drop and get no further color change. That last drop isn't counted, it's just to verify that you've reached the end of the test.

For example: you're doing the 25 mil test and the 8th drop turns it a deep red and on the 9th drop the solution doesn't get any more red, then you have a TA of 80 ppm.
Thank you for that. This is what I wondered and means my TA is a bit higher than I had thought.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.