Question about spillover mode on Hayward Prologic

cofresi59

Dec 12, 2023
Parkland, Florida
My pool has a spa with a waterfall, the valves are set like this: pool suction on, spa return on/pool return off. The water is coming out of the jets and creates the waterfall. Is this the spillover mode? I read the manual and in the configuration menu the spillover mode is disable, is that the default value for the spillover mode? Should I enable it on the Prologic or leave it the way it is?

My pool has a spa with a waterfall, the valves are set like this: pool suction on, spa return on/pool return off. The water is coming out of the jets and creates the waterfall. Is this the spillover mode?

Is this your default valve setup in POOL mode?

Yes, that is the way the valves are in SPILLOVER mode and if that is the way your valves are in POOL mode then your default valve settings need to be reset using the valve toggle switch.

I read the manual and in the configuration menu the spillover mode is disable, is that the default value for the spillover mode? Should I enable it on the Prologic or leave it the way it is?

You first need to get your valve actuators properly set for POOL mode and SPA mode.

Tell me the way your suction and return valves are when in POOL mode and SPA mode.

Show me pics of your equipment pad and valves in both modes.

The valve shown with a red arrow is sending water to the spa when the pool/spa valves are in pool mode. This is a manual spillover.

If you close that valve to the spa, you can setup the controller to choose either pool OR spa OR spillover modes and have it cycle through each on a schedule if you desire.

1702416031169.png

Reactions: proavia
This manual valve is allowing water to go to your pool returns and spa returns when in POOL mode.

If you turn the handle so it is horizontal it will turn off your spa spillover.

Then you can enable SPILLOVER mode in your configuration and schedule it to run twice a day for 15-20 minutes to refresh your spa water.

1702415921784.png

Reactions: proavia
I have one more question, if the suction is off on the spa and on on the pool and the return is to the spa, isn't that spa mode? My Prologic panel and the remote says pool. May be I need to reset the valve actuators? The way I see it is the valves are set as spa mode but the Prologic shows pool mode, I have to somehow make the Prologic show the correct valve setup.

Last edited:
Pool Mode - suction from pool skimmers and main drain; return to pool

Spa mode - suction from spa drains; return to spa

Spillover mode - suction from pool skimmers and main drain; return to spa and spillover to pool

Post pics of your suction and return actuators in POOL mode and SPA mode.

I realize that is spillover mode(valve pictures above), I have it set up manually, it says pool mode on the panel and remote but the return like you mentioned goes to the spa jets. Thanks for the clarification. I did configured it through the panel as spillover and the only difference I saw was that the remote and panel said "spill" instead of pool in the mode section. The valves didn't change. In your opinion, should I leave it the way it is or configure it as spillover on the panel. Is there any advantage of configuring the pool with the panel?

The return valve should be changing from pool mode to spillover mode. Are you saying that the valve below does not change when going from pool mode to spillover mode? How about pool mode to spa mode?

1702652217797.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support