Question about SLAM

Help me understand why the calculator says the target is out of range given the CYA number indicates it?
When I try it on my pool that has a current chlorine level within the recommended range, I also get the warning when hitting the SLAM toggle. Seems it's complaining that the target SLAM level is above your 'normal' recommended 5–9 ppm level. If the SLAM toggle is on, I don't think it should complain about it. I'd ignore the warning.

When I try it on my pool that has a current chlorine level within the recommended range, I also get the warning when hitting the SLAM toggle. Seems it's complaining that the target SLAM level is above your 'normal' recommended 5–9 ppm level. If the SLAM toggle is on, I don't think it should complain about it. I'd ignore the warning.
I would like the calculator show me how much to add to reach SLAM target. The target is correct for my CYA level.

Help me understand why the calculator says the target is out of range given the CYA number indicates it?
The warning you're seeing serves as an indicator to emphasize that SLAM levels aren't typical day-to-day operational levels for your pool. While performing a SLAM, it is indeed necessary to maintain those higher chlorine levels, but it's not a state we want pools to be in on a continuous basis.

Reactions: proavia

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.