Question about robots and vanishing edges / baja shelf / built in seats

May 13, 2018
Tustin, CA
I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a robot for my pool. I've learned over the past year of ownership that the sucky vacuum doesn't do a great job and gets stuck on my suction/return ports on the floor. Meaning I'm in the pool every week manually vacuuming and scrubbing! On top of that it runs up the bill having the filter pump + booster pump running.

I've got a unique pool with a baja shelf, built in seats, and partial vanishing edge, so my question is will a robot work with those features? I'm afraid that it will make it onto the shelf and roll itself into my vanishing edge or get stuck in between the seats.
I've attached some pictures that might help to visualize. Thanks for the insight!

https://imgur.com/a/HX8Fp1K

The robot will not get on the baja shelf, it may get on the bottom step, and should go on the sides of the stools.

You will need to brush the areas that it does not get to or swim enough to keep the dirt on them pushed into the main pool area.

We've got 3 benches, steps and a sun shelf. Robot never gets on sun shelf and doesn't really get on any of the other stuff much. But, it also works great and those features don't interfere with the robot cleaning the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.