Wylie, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Yesterday I put 1 gallon of 12.25% liquid choline into my 24k gallon pool based on pool match recommendation since my FC was reading 1.

Today PB came out and hooked up salt cell, but did not add any salt. After they left I tested the water for FC and Salt content My FC was 16.5 and Salt measured 600.

Question, how did my choline shoot up so high, is pool safe to swim in? Is my salt level ok, what should be? (pool math does not give a recommendation, and as of yet no salt has been added to pool)

Here are my pool math logs: PoolMath Logs

joel,

What you say you did is a total impossibility.

128 oz of 12.5% chlorine will increase the FC in a 24K pool by 5.2 ppm. If you originally really had an FC of 1 ppm, the max you could have is an FC of 6.2 ppm.

Something is wrong... your tests, your pool builder added something, you added a bag of "shock," something.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Reactions: joel98z
Hmmmm... So that gallon of LC would raise your FC by 5.2ppm. You sure the PB didn't add anything?

Everyone's pool has salt in it as a residual from other chemicals added. So you're never Zero really unless you filled with distilled water. Depending on when your pool was filled I can see 600ppm easily.

I'm more curious as to why they haven't added salt yet to meet the requirements of the SWG? Its not turned on, right?

Perhaps testing error or just fairies who like you. 🧚‍♂️ WIth your 40ppm CYA you can swim up to 16ppm chlorine.

Maddie 🇺🇦

joel,

What you say you did is a total impossibility.

128 oz of 12.5% chlorine will increase the FC in a 24K pool by 5.2 ppm. If you originally really had an FC of 1 ppm, the max you could have is an FC of 6.2 ppm.

Something is wrong... your tests, your pool builder added something, you add a bag of "shock" something.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I think yall are correct, They must have added something that I was not aware of because I triple checked the FC level when I saw it was that high.

Hey, just a tip in advance--> when they come to add salt, do NOT turn the SWG on for another day. This gives you a chance to brush the salt all thru the water and get it good and dissolved. If turned on too fast there could be a blast of undisolved salt go thru the device and it really screws up its "brain". OK? Make sure the PB guy doesn't.

Maddie 🇺🇦

Reactions: joel98z
At 40 CYA your SLAM level would be 16. Anything up to SLAM level is safe to swim (and above target).
You might want to take a look at FC/CYA Levels. You will notice there that when you get your SWG up and running you will need to increase your CYA a bit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.