Question about Pool Math App - Pool Volume

CypressCajun

Silver Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
Cypress Texas
Hey all, Sooo I thought I was all slick and bought digital water meters to go on my hoses when we filled the pool this week. Come to find out, the meters don't roll over to the next thousand... So, I'm unsure of the accurate volume of water for my pool....

My question is: How important is it to have the correct pool volume in the app? I have a rough idea from the builder but not 100% positive. Should I go back to my builder and ask for what was in the measurements?

Thanks!

I originally thought my pool was 40k, but over time I revised it down to 32k. That was a 20% error, pretty big. I did fine.

Post a picture with some measurements, I bet we could get pretty close.

edit: This is why it's a good idea to do things in small steps in the beginning when you are unsure about pool size or chemical strength. Better to undershoot and adjust rather than way over shoot and have to correct. Especially pH.

You can zero in on your pool size by using the 25ml chlorine test. It's very accurate. Use pool math to see how much your FC will increase for a given amount of bleach. If the numbers don't match your testing adjust the pool volume until they do. Do this a couple of times and you will be very close.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.