Question about pebble replastering

rpputney

Mar 25, 2019
Texas
Hope someone can help me with a question that has come up with our 20 year old pool renovation. It has been an extremely drawn out process. If we didn't stand to loose thousands of dollars we would fire our current renovation company, but we are too far into it. At this point I don't know if we are getting good advise from our contractor or more of the same BS. Our renovation consists of new StoneScapes pebble, new tile, new lueder stone coping, 4 new LED lights, new "cool deck", new equipment and additional stone work and landscaping.
We are finally ready to have the Stonescapes installed but the new LED lights have not been installed yet. Contractor says he installs the new lights after the StoneScapes is applied but before pool is filled. Is this the correct order? I read somewhere that the new pebble surface should not be walked on, and the contractors will definitely need to be in the pool to install the new LEDs. There is no way they can install them by hanging over the edge of the pool. Any one have input?
Thanks!

When we had our pool remodeled earlier this year the new light was wired up but sitting on the pool deck during the plaster. It was installed in the niche after the plaster was done and after the acid wash the following morning. The plaster contractor will be walking on the plaster during the final parts of the job and the next day for the acid wash.

NPT has a nice video on YouTube showing how the product is applied. It certainly helped me understand what the process was going to be like.

Yep, I wired my lights and had them sitting on the pool coping. Pool was plastered with Stonescapes, next day a couple of guys came to do the acid wash and put the lights in after they washed the plaster. water was added immediately after the wash.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.