Question about passing the OCLT

Apr 27, 2018
Houston, Texas
Hi,
I have a question about one of the criteria for passing the OCLT. It says that the water must be clear. Our water looks very clear and our walls/floor look spotless, but I will still get a tiny dust cloud that poofs away when I brush the bottom. Should I continue to SLAM?

Thanks!

Depends on what that cloud actually is. Sometimes it's tough to tell. For me (before TFP) it was a light green cloud (algae). But today if it's light brown it may just be dirt that settled. If you pass the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test, then we assume it's not algae. So the 3 SLAM criteria are:
- Passing the OCLT
- Clear water
- CC no more than 0.5

Good luck!

Thanks, Texas Splash! That makes sense!

I'm not entirely sure we had algae, but we had something going on in the water. Regardless, the pool/water look amazing now, so the SLAM worked.

I just brushed again and didn't see any clouds. We'll try the OCLT tonight and see what happens. Hopefully we pass!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.