question about notice to donate appearing in threads

Pv2

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
south east Arizona
I find myself thinking the thread has ended when I come to the horizontal blue banner(s) suggesting membership donation. and have been missing further replies. kind of irritating. I have a couple of questions: are they there for everyone? is there anyway to block them as a donor already? or to relocate them to tob or bottom of page?

I wondered it it might be a glitch but I haven't been around much in a while. It shows up in longer threads, sometimes more than once.

edit to add: it is also showing two or three times on the individual forum pages

Last edited:
Pv2,

I see the same thing on my phone.. But I never sign in on my phone..

Does the site recognize you as "you".. I do not see this support notice when I use my tablet or PC.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I see that banner from time to time. I just got used to scrolling past it to see if there are more posts in a thread - not a big deal. I'm good with leaving it where it is. Maybe it will remind people to donate from time to time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’ll need to look further into this as it shouldn’t show for those whom have donated in the past. I’ll toss this on my “to-do” list to peak at shortly. I will add a warning however that we’re entering the busiest week of TFP’s year so I’m greatly hesitant about altering ANYTHING, so don’t kill me if it’s not done right away.

I’ll get back with you what I find👍

Reactions: Mdragger88
I see it when logged in on Android (haven't checked iOS or PC yet). It only seems to be in threads that have 10 or more posts. It appears right after post 10.

Like I said, it doesn't bother me even though I have previously donated. And Lee stating the busiest time forTFP is just starting is a great reason not to mess with it now.

Chrome... as soon as I remember my password, I'll try it in a different browser.

Hmm, maybe it is somehow tied into the newer supporter badges. I have one of the original badges and I see it.

I find myself thinking the thread has ended when I come to the horizontal blue banner(s) suggesting membership donation. and have been missing further replies. kind of irritating. I have a couple of questions: are they there for everyone? is there anyway to block them as a donor already? or to relocate them to tob or bottom of page?
Can you let me know if you see them now? I’ve edited slightly and I think I’ve found the cause.

Reactions: Pv2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.