Question about levels

sersee

May 23, 2014
South Jersey
I have a Breeze 320 swg. I have recently downloaded the manual after questioning my system. It seems we always have to dose our pool and even in boost, it doesn’t seem to keep up.

I found out my swg requires 4000-4500ppm of salt. I have always had it at 2800 per the pool store. They were shocked when i told them what the manual said.

Further reading tells me that my required CYA is 30-50.

Do I go by my manual? I am at 40 now. Or do I go to 70 as recommended here?

A bigger issue is your Breeze 320 is rated for a 20000 gal pool if run at 100% 24 hours per day. It will in no way add enough chlorine to your pool.

We recommend using a CYA of 70 or SWCG pools. But yours is always going to be a liquid chlorine pool with a SWCG supplement. So up to you.

A bigger issue is your Breeze 320 is rated for a 20000 gal pool if run at 100% 24 hours per day. It will in no way add enough chlorine to your pool.

We recommend using a CYA of 70 or SWCG pools. But yours is always going to be a liquid chlorine pool with a SWCG supplement. So up to you.
Ya it is what it is right now with the swg system. I can’t upgrade at this time. So basically I’m going to have to add chlorine all the time? I’ve been battling algae so been slamming it. My manual recommends 1-3 ppm of chlorine. It in the past has held that?

1-3 ppm FC is not enough. That is why you have algae. Follow FC/CYA Levels

You will need to add liquid chlorine daily for most of the summer months. Early spring and late fall (after and before closing), the SWCG might keep up. But you must run the pump 24 hours per day regardless if you are relying on the SWCG at all for your chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.