Question about leveling a pool

BIC

Jul 7, 2007
I just got my above ground pool installed yesterday. The team that installed it took 7 hours to level the ground and install my AG 24' pool. They had a difference of 9 inches at the beginning (before starting to level the ground). Now the pool is installed, but it seems to me that the pool is a bit higher on one side. I'm not sure, I'm filling the pool at the moment and will see how bad it is with the water level once the pool is filled up.

My question is: can they really make a 24' pool perfectly leveled? Is it normal to have a little difference from one side to the other? Is this rocket science or Pool Builder will do their best and there is an acceptable variance, because it is almost impossible to level it PERFECTLY?

They use a lot of stone dust for all the edge (all along the border where they put the bottom track) of the pool. In the middle, they put sand.

BIC

There is no such thing as perfectly level. The available tools for measuring level are far more accurate than the tools for actually leveling the ground. If there is a difference of more than 1 inch between various points on the wall I would complain.

JasonLion said:
There is no such thing as perfectly level. The available tools for measuring level are far more accurate than the tools for actually leveling the ground.

What you are saying make a lot of sens: it's easier to check than to do. I had no idea about what could be acceptable or not. I thought that 1 or 2 inches was ok, but you seem to say that 1 inch should be the maximum difference for a pool.

If there is more than an inch say 2 or 3, what would would you rerquire from them? Could they empty the pool, de-install it and do the leveling again?

Advice?

BIC

Any pool builder should have a transit to get all uprights within an 1/8". One inch is too much imo. I find the lowest upright and dig all the others to match it's level. Once the water is filled, if you can see it's not level, then I would have the PB fix it. Don't use the surrounding ground as it will play tricks on your brain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.