Question about in wall skimmer vs over the wall skimmer

Do I have top keep the water down lower in the pool? I know it will have to be below the seam that goes around the top of the pool but can I just have the water level. Right below the top edge of the skimmer? If that makes since. I don't want to loose much depth in the pool.

wall skimmers work best half full, but I sometimes have my level close to the top so it is deeper, no problems unless kids splash alot. The waves can push water through the skimmer top opening.

The soldering iron for the corners worked GREAT, then just a new razor blade nice and slow along the line... Mine has been there a year now, made it through winter with no issues and works perfect now that it is opened again...

1 Caution, most everyone does this with almost no water in the pool... the vinyl does have major pressure on it when the water is filled (that's why so many screws in the skimmer) Just something to watch :)

I only drained to just below where I needed to make the cut. Don't worry, it won't tear.

temporary_zps43a4ed4a.jpg

My thought was that it was better to have the liner fully stretched out when making the cut, versus installing the skimmer and having the hole stretch out when it was filled.

This is a great upgrade, you won't regret it. You pool will stay much cleaner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
100% worth the effort. I installed the skimmer without removing any of the water. I had a little water escape when I made the screw holes, and I had the bottom of the skimmer capped off before I cut out the square hole. I usually have my water level about 3/4 the way up the skimmer door, so I lost an inch or so in depth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.