SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
FC 5.5
CC 0
pH 7.8
CYA 40
TA 60
CH 575

Hi! I need some confirmation on my testing. From what I understand from the site, these numbers are ok except CYA is low. My pH doesn’t fluctuate hardly at all so I understand the high CH is probably ok..

My main question is, when I brush the pool, there is some dirt or algae(?) not sure which on the bottom. Overall, the water is completely clear and blue until I brush and I see some clouds as I go that quickly settle. Overall I have kept debris out of the water. My question is…does the presence of this dirt or algae while brushing mean I need to raise the FC to shock level? I don’t want to raise the CYA yet if so.

Other possibly relevant details…pool water is 57 degrees, not a ton of trees around and leaves are done falling, full sun.

Thank you so much!

Likely dirt if it quickly settles after brushing. Your vac is not picking it up. Need a finer mesh vac filter or a better vac.

Reactions: Awp14
Likely dirt if it quickly settles after brushing. Your vac is not picking it up. Need a finer mesh vac filter or a better vac.
Thank you! So no need to shock then? I have a pole vacuum as well and was planning to use that tonight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.