Question about bonding agents and plaster

Neto

Jun 10, 2019
Puerto Rico
So the rumor going on the street is that when you joint two cement products together you need some kind of bonding agent.. I have used them and what I have noticed is that they turn the surface a bit rough. Since plaster is a cement product, why pool builders dont use a bonding agent before plastering? Maybe the product used already have a built in bonding agent on the mix? or since the shell is so rough (gunite or shotcrete), it doesn't need it?

Neto,

In the DFW area, they do not generally do a complete chip out.. So the only experience I have is when they chip out all the "bad" plaster and then cover everything with a bonding agent.

The 2 plaster jobs that I personally watched, they did not seem to be too concerned about getting it all evenly coated.. it was more like "close your eyes and blow it around and then hurry up with the plaster".. :mrgreen:

The next pool I get re-plastered will have a complete chip out, assuming I have any money left by then.. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.