Quest for a New Pump Lid (Jacuzzi Pool Pump)

SparkleSparkle

Apr 30, 2023
Central California
Hey TFP'ers. Long time lurker first time poster!

Bought a house a couple years back and it has a Jacuzzi JVX160 1.5HP main pool pump. Noticed yesterday it wasn't maintaining prime and on further inspection there is a small crack in the skimmer lid. Leslies (who installed it as their house brand just a few years ago under prior homeowners) didn't have any in stock and told me to check online. Looking around NOBODY has the lid. I found one outfit in Sacramento but it looks pretty small-time so even after ordering I don't hold much hope. It's the weekend so I doubt anything will happen with them until Monday.

I can't find anything online that even looks close to fitting and I'm starting to think this cracked lid will cost me an entire new pump. Anyone have any suggestions for finding a replacement?

Yes, I read it's an Australian manufacturer. Still I'm shocked at the lack of spare parts availability. What I've read on here Jacuzzis are Leslie's store brand so you'd think they would support them a lot better. I've even gone so far as to email a few friends in Australia to see if they can source the top.

1960 The Jacuzzi Brothers open a manufacturing facility in Little Rock, AR.

1980 VIF Moulds and Plastics begin molding parts for the Jacuzzi product line.

2003 Cantar/Polyair purchased Jacuzzi’s assets and moved the operations from Little Rock, AR to Toronto, ON.

2006 Competition Pool buys Jacuzzi’s pool equipment product line and moved operations to Mirabel, QC.

2009 VIF, in collaboration with Anchor Plastique, purchased Jacuzzi’s assets. Carvin Pool Equipment was founded.

2012 Carvin facilities are expanded by 40 000 square feets, bringing the total manufacturing area to 120 000 square feet.

2016 Products that have made the reputation of Carvin throughout the years are now presented under a new brand, CARVIN. Same excellent products, same quality, new brand, new image!

2017 Carvin Pool Equipment launches its new above ground pool product line.

Changes in ownership

By 1979,[7] there were 257 Jacuzzi family members involved in the Jacuzzi brand and there was a growing number of disputes among them.[18]

Then the business was acquired by Kidde for $70 million.[7]

Most of the Jacuzzi family members left the company, except Roy Jacuzzi, who stayed on as the head of the hot tub and bath division.[19]

In 1987, Kidde was acquired by Hanson PLC.[20]

In 1995 Hanson spun off Jacuzzi and other brands into a public company called U.S. Industries.[16]

USI renamed itself Jacuzzi Brands in 2003.[21]

This was in turn bought out by Apollo Management,[2] and then by Investindustrial in 2019.[22]

Acquisitions since the 1990s have included Haugh Products[18] (above-ground pools), Sundance Spas,[18] Gatsby Spas,[18] Zurn Industries (toilets, sinks), Hydropool (hot tubs), Liners Direct (bath products), BathWraps (shower and bathtub renovation).[23]

In the 1990s, Jacuzzi had taken on too much debt and sold more than $600 million worth of businesses.[16]

The business segment producing industrial, irrigation, well water, submersible, and centrifugal systems was sold to Franklin Electric in 2004.

The plumbing division, Zurn Industries, was sold in 2007 for $950 million.[24]

Current brands include ThermoSpas, Sundance Spas, and Dimension One.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.