Quartzscape v/s Pebble sheen v/s wet edge

swimmerpool

Nov 29, 2019
texas
We are looking for deep blue color for our pool and are confused as to what to choose.

PB #2 is charging following for upgrades from plaster to:

50% Blue Quartz Plaster : $939
Wet Edge Signature Matrix Level 1 color Pebble Finish : $2,261
Wet Edge Signature Matrix Level 4 color Midnight : $4,433

He usually uses Quartzscapes when using quartz finishes. I asked him about Quartzscape Level 1 Color and Pebble Fina Quartz (Standard Colors) as this was included in bid from PB # 2.

His reply - I do not think there would be a lot of difference in price. I just checked with the Pebble Fina applicator and he said he has maybe done 1 or 2 jobs in the last five years and that he did not recommend it. It looks very blotchy in appearance. Pebble based products just look better than quartz. If you do want quartz , I would recommend Quartzscapes but pebble always looks better. Also the Pebble I quoted you was a level 4 so it is more expensive.
Pebble sheen is the same as Wetedge Satin. The small pebble by itself is not as good as the signature matrix. Level 4 was because that was the color you wanted. It gives the deep blue color that you wanted. So Quartzscapes would price higher than the 50% quartz mixture but slightly less than the level 1 pebble.
In my experience pebble finishes and primarily the Wetedge brand of pebble has been the best overall in aesthetic performance. It looks good from day 1 and remains the same over the years. Quartz on the otherhand will have noticeable changes over time. Even the polished finishes overtime will have changes that can be noticeable. So for overall best value any pebble color , Pebble finishes out perform the alternatives.

If you wanted a blue color like you want, then Midnight in the Wetedge Signature matrix would be the color to go with.

PB#2 has Quartzscape Level 1 Color and Pebble Fina Quartz (Standard Colors) included in the price of pool. However Pebble Sheen (Standard Colors) would be extra $1245

PB#2 reply:
If you want a deep blue color, Midnight Blue in Quartzscape is going to get that. It is quite an expensive color.
Most pebble colors are not going to be as vibrant of a color as the quartz ones.

I will not be installing the Wet Edge brand of product. They do not have licensed installers like PebbleTec and I prefer to stick with the pebble products, but I do Quartzscape sometimes. I have plenty of experience with the Quartzscape, and my licensed PebbleTec installer puts that product in as well. They do not use the Wet Edge products. I stick to what I know I can deliver.

Midnight blue quartzscape is $1300 more for your size pool. At that point, we can do a base color of Pebble Sheen for the same price.

We want deep blue color. What product to choose? We are open to suggestions.
Thank You

Last edited:
Since quartscape midnight will cost me same as other two, now I have decide between Pebble Sheen v/s Wet Edge.

For me, Pebble Sheen (standard colors) is $1000-1500 less than Wet Edge Signature Matrix level 1 color Pebble Finish.I have desired color in both of them. I am ok spending $1000 more if Wet Edge is better than Pebble Sheen. Any input?

Last edited:
Since quartscape midnight will cost me same as other two, now I have decide between Pebble Sheen v/s Wet Edge.

For me, Pebble Sheen (standard colors) is $1000-1500 less than Wet Edge Signature Matrix level 1 color Pebble Finish.I have desired color in both of them. I am ok spending $1000 more if Wet Edge is better than Pebble Sheen. Any input?
Wet Edge and PebbleTec are pretty much the same product. Wet Edge was started by people who left PebbleTec. It all comes down to the installer. They each require a certified installer so pick whichever one has a better reputation. We just had Weg Edge Prism Matrix Moonlight installed. It is a nice deep blue and in our case was only $600 more than level 1 Signature Matrix which didn’t have a deep blue available. Here is a close up picture of the finish.

Attachments

• C147E1C3-9135-43F8-B463-59608E017B13.jpeg
    C147E1C3-9135-43F8-B463-59608E017B13.jpeg
    418.1 KB · Views: 183
  • DA371203-75A9-445D-A45F-D624378953FA.jpeg
    DA371203-75A9-445D-A45F-D624378953FA.jpeg
    427.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 4C9AF0A8-4186-4A47-B112-3882DEA22D0F.jpeg
    4C9AF0A8-4186-4A47-B112-3882DEA22D0F.jpeg
    378 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: Dmjr1123
Where are you in Texas? Here in HOUSTON we have licensed Wet Edge installers. I have the Wet Edge Primera Stone Sapphire Treasure and love it. If you have a spa you may want to sit in a standard Pebble one. In my opinion they are uncomfortable. Primera Stone and Pebble Sheen (I think) are the smooth pebble plaster.

Reactions: Locotl
Where are you in Texas? Here in HOUSTON we have licensed Wet Edge installers. I have the Wet Edge Primera Stone Sapphire Treasure and love it. If you have a spa you may want to sit in a standard Pebble one. In my opinion they are uncomfortable. Primera Stone and Pebble Sheen (I think) are the smooth pebble plaster.
Pebble Sheen is Pebble Tec's small pebble line. Its not a polished finish.
Do you know what company did your installation of the Primera stone (Houston has 2 licensed installers). I'm considering getting the Primera stone for my pool also....

Wet Edge and PebbleTec are pretty much the same product. Wet Edge was started by people who left PebbleTec. It all comes down to the installer. They each require a certified installer so pick whichever one has a better reputation. We just had Weg Edge Prism Matrix Moonlight installed. It is a nice deep blue and in our case was only $600 more than level 1 Signature Matrix which didn’t have a deep blue available. Here is a close up picture of the finish.
How are you liking this finish a couple of mos in? We are getting ready to finish our pool and have decided on the Moonlight Prism Matrix as well. Wondering you thoughts after having it a little while?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.