Quartz spillway ideas

Zplayer

Jun 4, 2022
Florida
We have a quartz spillway, I've attached a pic. It's really large, so appears like a walking surface. We loved the idea when we built, still love the look, but one thing we didn't think about, was that it is very slippery. Now, for adults this wouldn't be an issue, not because I won't slip and fall, but because I don't walk on it. However, where do you think children are constantly wanting to walk on? Yeah you guessed it. We are constantly saying.."Slippery!". We have not had any accidents....yet. Any ideas for how I could roughen this up, or give the quartz some texture such that it isn't so slippery? Of course my goal is to give some texture or grip, while maintaining the aesthetics of it.

poolIMG_2385.jpg

I'm assuming it's a natural stone, quartzite? It can be sandblasted to a non-slip surface, but that would be done at the manufacture state, so if you pursue that route it would be best to consult a stone company.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.