quality of Pureline and Jacuzzi brand T-cell-15 replacement salt cells

nadar

Oct 21, 2018
Northern Tennessee
It looks like our 9 year old Hayward T-cell-15 salt cell has finally stopped working. Finances are tight so we have been using liquid chlorine since we opened up the pool earlier this month. I'm having trouble finding liquid chlorine now because of this ridiculous chlorine shortage so it looks like I'm going to have to replace the salt cell, even though we really can't afford to do so. The cheapest price I have found for a genuine Hayward T-15 40K gallon cell is $649 which comes with a 2 year warranty. Inyo Pools sells a Pureline aftermarket cell for $429 that comes with a 2 year warranty, and Leslie's sells a Jacuzzi brand aftermarket cell for $428 with a 2 year warranty. We plan on moving in a year or two so I'm wondering if these two aftermarket salt cells are any good or if we should spend the extra $220 on the genuine Hayward one. Does anyone have any experience with either of these two brands? If the Hayward brand one would be our best bet, I'm wondering if we should order it from Leslie's since their store is local, or from Pool Supply World since they both sell the same salt cell for the same price. I also need to know if I need to order any replacement parts to install it, since our old salt cell appears to be leaking at the union.

Last edited:
The Hayward T cell 15's seem to last longer than any of the rebranded one's from others that have had them on the forum :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.