New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
As the title says I have a Quad DE 100 with an Intelliflofx pump. I am having two issues that as a newbie might be showing my lack of knowledge.

As some background, I run my pump at 2400 rpm which it equates to 35 GPM for 9 hours a day. I have a flow meter which says it’s 52 GPM. The filter pressure is just under 16 psi.

1) when I add DE to the skimmer (I add about 6-8 pounds, it’s recommended to add 10) I see a white cloud coming out of the returns into the pool. Is this normal? Is this a problem?

2) As this is a new pool, my filters are not very old. Due to a heavy pollen season I elected to clean the filter cartridges. I had broken the straps in all 4 cartridges. Is this normal? Is my pressure too high?
Thanks for the help.

I have a Quad DE 80. Since new, I have always had DE enter the pool when first pouring the slurry into the skimmer. I've read that this is normal. I set my returns to the spa when recharging the filter and allow the spA to circulate to clear the DE.

Moe,

We have seen several Quad 100 DE filters that were installed with the wrong MPV... This caused the water to flow backward through the cartridges and blowing them up from the inside out. Happens over time, so the owners did not realize that the flow was backwards..

I suggest that you find the P/N of the MPV and confirm that it it the right one for your filter.. The manual lists which MPV can be used..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Are you getting a constant flow of DE with the pump running, or just at start-up?

Double check the internal air bleed screen for damage and make sure it's securely attached to the center pipe.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.