PVC around the screws have rust bit not the screws

They don’t think it’s the wall but the iron or metals that are causing it. I did find that my ladder appears to be corroding maybe on the inside so I pulled that out. So I will treat for metals and keep a close eye on it and investigate when I lower the level probably. I can just pull off the rectangular or round plate and put it back correct? Let me know what company. Do you do water tests? Send private if you would rather.

I wouldn't remove the faceplates. That's just asking for trouble. The edge of the steel wall can definitely rust and the rust can migrate.

If it were just from the iron in the water, the stains would be more evenly distributed.

So ignore it? I can do that and maybe clean it up with AA but I feel like it doesn’t stop rusting but also you create other problems by looking for something. I will see if it gets worse over the winter and next year. Thanks for your input.

glinda:

The key is to try to control the rust by stopping any further rust. If you want, remove one screw, clean, put back another screw and keep going around the whole pool. This will be quite an effort, but can be done. As mentioned many times, if it were metals in your water, the staining would be all over the place. IMHO, this is a classic case of galvanic corrosion. Anodes do work, but they must be installed properly. They make anodes for the water as well.

I took out a couple of screws and under the scre not exposed to the pool is the whitest white. The rust stain is on the side exposed to water. So I’m thinking it is from the iron and the rusting ladder? Combination? I don’t know why but I will keep a close eye on it. I appreciate the help and comments everyone has made.

I took out a couple of screws and under the scre not exposed to the pool is the whitest white. The rust stain is on the side exposed to water. So I’m thinking it is from the iron and the rusting ladder? Combination? I don’t know why but I will keep a close eye on it. I appreciate the help and comments everyone has made.

It is probably not from Iron. If you had metals in the water, there would be traces on the liner and the steps as well. If this is happening in the screws, as I mentioned earlier, I am leaning towards galvanic corrosion. They make anodes for ladders as well and you may want to try them out. Again, I have had great experience with the anode at the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.