PV3 pop up. Unable to remove.

Jun 13, 2016
Mesa, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a PV3 pop ups that need to be taken out and cleaned or replaced. I bought the tool which is hard plastic and has 4 tabs that fit into the top of the pop up. You then are supposed to turn counter clockwise about a quarter turn. The first one I tried would not budge going counter clockwise. I then tried clockwise and same result. I tried counter clockwise again and gave it a bit more muscle and the tool broke. they make a metal tool with the 4 tabs, but it costs about $80 bucks. Anyone else run into this problem? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The tabs on the Paramount PV3 removal tool look quite flimsy. Have you tried rocking the head a little clockwise and then counterclockwise a few times? You also might try rinsing the exterior of the head with a high pressure water hose nozzle to (hopefully) rinse some of the possible sand/grit that is binding the head in the floor fitting. You might also try this while the system is operating.

Barring any of that working, maybe hit up a pool guy that you see serviding your neighborhood and kindly ask him for any tricks. Once the heads are stuck, they are tough to free up. Possibly the expensive metal removal tool would help. Breaking a new plastic one on 3 heads basically pays for the metal tool.

Here's one for $75 - although, I haven't purchased anything from this supplier before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.