Putting in an offer on a house, replaster and waterfall stains?

May 22, 2017
The South
Putting in an offer on a house, it has a dark plaster free form gunite pool with a "spa like area" that isn't a spa. Single return in the spa area, no jets and no heat. Equipment is a cartridge filter, salt system, ozone system, and fixed speed pump.

The plaster is 10 years old and starting to wear through in places. Looking to bake the cost of a replaster into the price of the house, what are the rules of thumb for budgeting for plaster?

It has a rust colored stain on the overflow from the upper area to the main pool, any ideas? I was thinking acid wash the stone but wanted to check for other options. Pics here :

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Will have a pool inspection done before close to make sure I'm not missing something.

You should probably get at least a ballpark bid from a contractor in your area. But it seems like off the top of my head my builder said a redo of my pebblesheen would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $4,000. That is from memory, and from an informal conversation, so take with a large dose of salt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.