Purex 2000 Rebuild

May 8, 2018
Placentia, CA
I have an old school Purex SMBW 2048. Its sprung a leak at the bottom. Does anyone know where I can find some rebuild directions? I've removed the manifold and filters in the past, but how do I service the backflow valve? I can't get to it from inside the tank can I? Do i need to remove the inlet, outlet, and drain pipes, then flip it upside down to Is it possible to remove the pipes without cutting them? I can't see under housing very well to tell how the pipes attach. If I can remove the pipes, I feel I can flip the filter over and then unbolt everyting. But I'm afraid I can't get to the bottom attachment brackets without cutting the copper/pvc pipe connections. How does the backflow valve attachment come apart?

Yes I realize that this is a super old filter, that is doesn't even exist anymore (Pentair vs Purex). I know it's best to replace, but I'd rather just fix what I have now, as I can't afford a full rebuild at the moment.

Filters are pressure vessels. We do not recommend they be repaired when they begin leaking. The leak indicates the vessels struictral integrity has been compromised. Filters under pressure have exploded and can injure people or damage property.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.