PureLine Prime VS Replacement

ryantx

Bronze Supporter
Feb 1, 2017
Keller, TX
So I decided this last summer to purchase and install a PureLine Prime VS 2.7 HP pool pump. I have been very happy with it up until the LCD screen went out, but it's still under warranty. However, Inyo Pools / Century Motors is out of stock on the entire pump assembly for warranty replacement. I asked and they cannot provide just the motor w/controller or even just the controller (both of which they do have in stock). They did offer to warranty replace just the motor though, even though that does not help solve the problem.. Or I can return the entire pump for a refund.

So, my question to the smart people on the board is: What would you recommend for a VS pump since it the PureLine is not available? Hayward, Pentair, ????

Thanks for the input... Ryan

Ryan,

Not sure that you will get an unbiased opinion on that question... :mrgreen:

My opinion is that the Pentair VS IntelliFlo is the "Gold Standard" of pool pumps. I have three of them, they run 24/7... One is 9 or 10 years old, one is about 7 years and the one at my house is over 5 years old.. None of them have had any failures or problems.. That said, I was stupid enough to buy the one with the SVRS option for my house and that was a mistake. Although the pump works fine, the SVRS will trigger a false entrapment alarm and shut the pump off if there is any kind of water surge, such as simply shutting off the filter air release valve a little to quickly. SIGH!! When it eventually dies, it will be replaced with another IntelliFlo, but without the SVRS option.

Thanks,

Jim R

Jim,

Thanks for the quick response.. I'll most likely order online and install myself, but it doesn't hurt to call and get some quotes. I see that your down the road from me - any local pool places you'd recommend?

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan,

Sorry to say, but I buy most things on-line.. Local stores just can't compete. I've bought two complete equipment packages on line and have never had a problem. EasyTouch, IntelliFlo, and IC40 SWCG.. Paying twice as much to get a warranty, is just not worth it to me. I would recommend the simple VS IntelliFlo 011028 (Replaced the 011018). I do not recommend the more complex units with both VS and VF. That said, it just depends on your needs.

I do like A-Quality pools and that is where I buy the HASA 12.5% liquid Chlorine that I use in the winter when the SWCG is off. I know they sell Pentair and Jandy, but I suspect their prices are much higher than on-line.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.