PureLine Prime Digital Dual Speed Pool Pump 1.95 HP - PL2608 Advice

Jun 15, 2012
Northest Florida
Greetings ..... In June I installed the Pureline Duel Speed Pump with digital timer and have been very satisfied with the results ..... Very quiet on Low speed and really not bad on High speed .... Well last month Irma came to see us and Both the Pureline and Polaris Booster were under water for 3 days .... Opened everything up and let it dry out for about 3-4 days before reenergizing everything .....the LCD display on the motor was fine and and when I turned it on it fired right up and ran perfect ... still quiet and smooth ..... program times seemed to be retained and everyone was happy ....but then on the third day the LCD started fading and showing signs of water when you would push the touch buttons on the screen ...Next day the LCD died ... I could still turn it off and on but would have to do it from memory and the manual ....eventually the control failed and I could not get it to turn on ... you can not purchase the timer from inyopools.com or Century ..... So .... being a Gadget Addict decided to upgrade (again) to the variable speed pump with the smart Control (V-Link) .... Installed it yesterday and boy pretty cool device ...

Meanwhile I have decided to try and repair the 2 speed pump and just convert it to a manual 2 speed pump .... Thats where I have not been able to find out how to wire in the manual switch ....I'll post some pics and see if someone might have an idea ..... I am also not opposed to replacing the digital Timer if I could locate one ...
The Digital Timer consist of the control Board , the LCD display , a small relay and the run capacitor ..... will post some pics .... thanks ..... mike

Original Pump .... PureLine Prime Digital Dual Speed Pool Pump 1.95 HP - PL2608 - INYOPools.com

New VS Pump .... PureLine Prime 2.7 HP Variable Speed Pool Pump W/ Smart Phone Control - PL2616 - INYOPools.com

Century Pump # B2977T

What I need is the "internal" wiring diagram for the B2977 ... from what I have seen most motor labels show external wiring hookup only ... I was hoping with a 2 speed switch and run capacitor I could convert my old motor to manual 2 speed and my son could use it on his OG pool ...Does look like I will need the dual points setup also ...

Hurricane Irma20170911_081713.jpg20170911_091403.jpg

The diagrams show the internal wiring to the terminal block.

Have you opened the back end of the motor? Is the terminal block there?

Yes ... terminal block just has L1,L2 .. there is a wiring harness that feeds to box on top of motor ....going to use the box for run cap and mount switch on top ...
5c3a9ba5e28f219bff0e440f8b106c46.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.