Purchasing this week and need opinions

morrisa_FL

Mar 6, 2019
Melbourne, FL
Hi all first I can not afford over $350 for a pool cleaner
(I am a single mom and in nurse practitioner school so, as much as I would love and probably need a robot or a high-quality piece of machinery, I simply can not budget that!)
I was looking at the MX6 possibly...any suggestions? 18k G pool that is screened in with no overhead trees.

Warmest Regards,
Morrisa

Reactions: splashpad
Most here will tell you to get a robot (see my thread where I asked almost this same question only to be jumped on and told to join this century....)

I assume you have a dedicated suction line? The poolcleaner is what I am looking at now. New they are $350+ but used can be had for less if you do not mind that. I have read about some issues with the MX6 and the MX8 may be a better choice there but it may not fit into your budget. Again, these new are $450+ but used for much less.

You're in FL just like me. Check out craigslist if you want to go used as I often see these pop up there.

Welcome! Can you put your pool & equipment details in your signature please? Then you won't be asked to repeat it over & over ;)
Hi all first I can not afford over $350 for a pool cleaner
(I am a single mom and in nurse practitioner school so, as much as I would love and probably need a robot or a high-quality piece of machinery, I simply can not budget that!)
I was looking at the MX6 possibly...any suggestions? 18k G pool that is screened in with no overhead trees.
There are a few members who are budget minded here, few, but WE are here ;)
Do you have lots of 'floaties' that could be skimmed before needing a floor cleaner or more issues with "stuff" on the bottom of the pool?
Is running the pump for long enough for proper vacuum or return type cleaner an issue?
Are you replacing a cleaner or getting one for first time?

I got an MX-8 Elite... leslies gave it to me refurbished for 275 plus tax and I really like it. The scrubbers work really well and there is a restrictor plate that snaps out so you can pick up larger debris like the leaves that clog my dads Hayward navigator. If you goto the manufacturers websites there are always rebate deals too. With no leaves you should be fine with an MX6.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.