Purchasing kit overseas - extra reagents.

What are you using to chlorinate your pool? Is the Chlor Perfect a SWG or bleach injector? {Usually the word chlorinator refers to using trichlor tablets ... at least over here it seems to}

The CYA level is fine for the SLAM process and then for maintenance if you are using bleach.

It is a liquid chlorine injector (peristaltic) with an ORP probe. Bleach is not readily available in Australia as it seems to be in the US so I am getting large bottles of chlorine fairly cheap at our large chain hardware store.

I am kind of getting used to it at the moment. The probe calibrates fine with the calibration solution (700mv) and subsequent retests always hit that mark but I have found that the sweet spot for correct chlorine levels in the pool seems to be around 420mv so that is where I am currently set. I started with it a month ago and my pool has been pretty much clear in that time whereas prior to that I was doing it manually and having all sorts of problems.

I retested at 0.5ml this morning and my FC was 5.5 and CC was 0 (or at the very least 1 drop).

Well the SLAM process should likely be done with the automation system off with manual dosing ... so you can get a sense of the usage. It will certainly need to be off when performing the OCLT.

With 0CC now, do you see any algae? If not, It might be worth shutting off the automation, raising the FC up to around 10ppm or so and doing the OCLT to see if there is actually a need for the SLAM process.

Your CYA is fine. You may want to raise it closer to 50 if your pool gets full sun at those high temperatures, but don't touch it until the SLAM is complete. It will be easier to SLAM at its present level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.