Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Has anybody had this issue before? My Jandy VS pump just cuts off when the “clean mode” cycle finishes on my system. The way I have the Jandy AquaLink schedules setup now is a 24-hour/day @ 1400rpm base schedule, and then a 7A to 8A clean mode cycle at 3,000rpm. I’ve troubleshot it to the point that when the clean cycle ends at 8A, the pump just cuts off and doesn’t come back on.

If pics are needed, let me know what you’d like to see. Thanks in advance!

Show us a pic of your iAqualink Schedule page, preferably from the web interface.

Set your Filter Pump to run from 6AM to 5:59AM.

The overlap with your Clean Mode should ensure the system returns to Filter Pump when Clean Mode ends.

Set your Filter Pump to run from 6AM to 5:59AM.

The overlap with your Clean Mode should ensure the system returns to Filter Pump when Clean Mode ends.
No go - pump turned off after the clean mode after adjusting to this updated schedule.

Show us the VSP Setup and VSP Speed Setup pages.

And your current Schedule page.

@PoolGate

Last edited:
It's your schedule. Set the pump to start at 6:00am and stop at 5:50 am. Then set your cleaning schedule as you have it now. You can't start and stop at the same time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I assume that is a label he made himself. Like a OneTouch. Perhaps it activates the JVA and bumps the speed. Since it was working before it should continue to work.
So after that last update, still a no go - pump cuts off after cleaning cycle. That Clean Cycle is a One Touch that came standard on my system.453C6437-19C5-4990-81CF-9A5202C9A59F.pngA7F36C7B-4AD4-4651-97F8-6105B216B496.png

So after that last update, still a no go - pump cuts off after cleaning cycle. That Clean Cycle is a One Touch that came standard on my system.View attachment 535129View attachment 535130

Ah ok - Yeah do NOT use the OneTouch buttons they are garbage. When they turn off they turn everything off. This is why it does not restart. And it won't until the next restart cycle of your scheduled pump time. It is the same thing as you manually turning off your pump. It will remain off until the next start time. Instead, select the individual components needed for your cleaner. For instance, set a schedule time to increase your speed and select your cleaner.

One thing you might try is to assign your cleaner AUX port to the "Cleaner" speed (in VSP speed setup). That way when you select the Cleaner, it will bump the speed accordingly and when the cleaner is turned off the speed should return to whatever it was previously. And you only need to put the clean circuit into your schedule.

Reactions: Erik13
This may or may not be related, but on my iAqualink system I turn on "clean mode" manually when vacuuming as an easy way to kick the pump to a higher speed. And I have noticed that If I do this during the pumps normally scheduled run time when clean mode is switched off the pump switches off despite the timer that it should be "on". This is different than manually enable other modes. For example if SPA or overflow mode is manually enabled then the system will switch to new mode, and when you turn the SPA or the overflow off the system will switch back to normal filter mode if the the time is still within the programmed run time.

I think this is a bug in iAqualink, but unlikely it will be fixed. I suspect the best solution to Erik's problem is to add another filter pump schedule that starts 1 minute after the clean cycle finished.

Reactions: Erik13
Ah ok - Yeah do NOT use the OneTouch buttons they are garbage. When they turn off they turn everything off. This is why it does not restart. And it won't until the next restart cycle of your scheduled pump time. It is the same thing as you manually turning off your pump. It will remain off until the next start time. Instead, select the individual components needed for your cleaner. For instance, set a schedule time to increase your speed and select your cleaner.

One thing you might try is to assign your cleaner AUX port to the "Cleaner" speed (in VSP speed setup). That way when you select the Cleaner, it will bump the speed accordingly and when the cleaner is turned off the speed should return to whatever it was previously. And you only need to put the clean circuit into your schedule.
Oh man, I hope we finally got this! Thank you for all this help walking through this. Will report back soon.

This may or may not be related, but on my iAqualink system I turn on "clean mode" manually when vacuuming as an easy way to kick the pump to a higher speed. And I have noticed that If I do this during the pumps normally scheduled run time when clean mode is switched off the pump switches off despite the timer that it should be "on". This is different than manually enable other modes. For example if SPA or overflow mode is manually enabled then the system will switch to new mode, and when you turn the SPA or the overflow off the system will switch back to normal filter mode if the the time is still within the programmed run time.

I think this is a bug in iAqualink, but unlikely it will be fixed. I suspect the best solution to Erik's problem is to add another filter pump schedule that starts 1 minute after the clean cycle finished.
That’s an interesting idea, don’t change the clean mode and just restart the pump right after the clean mode ends to kick everything back on.

Can confirm I think we found the issue. That One Touch cycle I had selected in the schedule ends with an “all off”, instead of reverting back to the baseline pump schedule. I set another schedule entry to kick the pump back on at 9A and that got it to turn back on after the all off command from the One Touch clean mode.

I’ll tweak my schedule more to follow what you’re saying above about scheduling without the One Touch component.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.