Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi all!

I recently did one thing which was change a check valve due to spa not staying full when pump is off.I’m not exactly sure how this happened but when I turn on my spa, the pool jets instead turn on. When I turn the spillway feature on, my pool jets turn on instead. When I turn on the pool, the pool jets turn on. My spa is now halfway filled. Any insight or suggestions? Thank you!

I have Pentair Equipment with an Intellicenter 2

Your Intellicenter controls a Suction valve and a Return valve. Each can rotate between Pool and Spa: Both valves should point to Pool when you select Pool mode, both valves should point to Spa when you select Spa mode, and the Suction should point to Pool while the Return points to Spa when you select Spillway mode.

Do the valves turn appropriately when you change modes?

Last edited:
Thanks Drew. I don’t know how to check if valves are turning appropriately? More specifically, I’m not sure how the positioning on the Intelivalve actuator changed and now I’m not sure which position it should be set at

Last edited:
Thanks Drew. I don’t know how to check if valves are turning appropriately? More specifically, I’m not sure how the positioning on the Intelivalve actuator changed and now I’m not sure which position it should be set at

The LEDs on the Intellivalve show which side is closed (see page 13 of the Intellivalve manual, reproduced below).

In Pool mode, water is drawn from the Suction valve's Pool pipe and returned to the Return valve's Pool pipe. So both the Suction valve's LED and the Return valve's LED should point to the Spa pipes, indicating that those Spa pipes are closed.

In Spa mode, similarly, both valves' LEDs should point to the Pool pipes.

And in Spillway mode, which pulls water from the Pool and returns it to the Spa, the Suction valve's LED should point to the Spa pipe while the Return valve's LED points to the Pool pipe.

You should be able to determine which valve is the Return, and which of its pipes is the Pool and which is the Spa, by switching between Pool and Spillway mode and watching to see which valve turns (that one is the Return valve) and whether the water flows to the Pool or to the Spa. If the valve moves opposite to the desired direction (i.e., if water flows to the Spa in Pool mode and to the Pool in Spillway mode), you may need to switch your Return valve's Home position (see page 11 of the manual, also reproduced below).

Once your Return valve is operating properly, you can test or confirm the operation of the Suction valve by switching between Pool and Spa or Spillway and Spa.
Intellivalve_pg13.png

Intellivalve_pg11.png

Reactions: newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.