Pumping out water from a 1.5" wellpoint access pipe

Has anybody ever pumped water out of a 1.5" diameter wellpoint access pipe? If so, can you recommend a pump? The access pipe is about 14' deep and has a curve. It is located adjacent to my pool. I am concerned about being able to suck over 10' of air before the pump actually starts to pull in water. Also, I am concerned about sediment/dirt getting past whatever filter the pump comes with. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Touché! The 10' was just a guestimate. I should remeasure the depth with my metal snake and examine the watermark. However, considering there is a bend in the pipe (I can feel it with the snake), there's no telling just how high the water table really is. I'm paranoid. I don't want to pop my pool!

If you can keep ground water below the level of the pool, you are OK.

If you decide to drain some of your pool, use that well point to measure measure how far down the groundwater is.......don't drain below that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.