Pumped water out of pool and now I have water behind my liner. Anything I should do?

Aug 6, 2018
Indianapolis
Hi all,

My pool is winterized with a mesh safety cover. The water level in the pool was very high after some snow and rain we had. I threw in a pump and pumped out a couple thousand gallons to drop it about a foot. Unfortunately, I didn't extend the hose far enough away from the pool. Only about 5 feet away. I believe this caused a lot of the water to come back towards the pool. Our pool was built in 1977 and backfilled with pea gravel all around it. So it's easy for water to find its way there. I noticed that water is now trapped behind the liner all around the pool wall (only the wall near where I discharged the water) and some at the bottom.

Is there anything I should do? It looks like I could try and pump the water out from behind the liner, but that would require me to remove the liner from the track, which I really don't want to do. The water level is still sort of high (but not too high), which seems good as it's keep the liner intact and still on the track.

20210303_122633.jpg

20210303_122654.jpg

I think you think you hosed water behind the liner. And that very well may be. But lowering your water level even just a few inches below the surrounding water table can cause a liner to bubble. Be careful how much water you remove, especially in the winter.

float.jpg

Reactions: wireform
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.