Pump went out (partially)

Hey all,

As it says above, my Jandy pump went partially out yesterday. I was running it on high in the middle of the day and it was HOT! The pump overheated and shut off. Now, when I try to turn it on high, all I hear is a buzz, then a click, then nothing. Not even the low setting will work for a minute or so, then I hear another click and I can turn it on low. Anyway, the pump is covered by warranty, but the repair guy can't get here until Friday at the earliest. I've reset my timer to only run the low pump setting for 10 hours a day right now. Is this enough time to circulate the water in my pool for the next few days without issues? I just want to make sure I take care of it as best I can until the pump can be fixed/replaced. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Yes, that will work fine. Most folks run their pumps on low 6-8 hours a day anyway. And if it quits altogether keep adding bleach to maintain FC and brush the pool to circulate the bleach around so it doesn't turn into a swamp.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.