Maryland
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
The new pool is up and running. The Easy Touch was programmed to run the pump 24/7. 22hrs@2000 RPM and 2hrs@3000 RPM. I’ve already had to reduce my Inteliclor Ic20 to 50% because my free chlorine is creeping up.

What schedules are you all running that you like? It seems like everyone has their own take on it so I’m just trying to see what’s out there.

You run your pump to perform certain tasks. First, with a SWCG, is to generate your chlorine. So you find the lowest RPM that will close the flow switch on the SWCG, typically between 1200-1400 rpm. That should be set as your Pool Mode rpm. The run time is based on generating the chlorine. You determine that by what your pool FC needs are each day. Second reason to run the pump is to skim the surface. Again, you find the rpm needed for that. If higher than what is needed for the SWCG, you set a Circuit Function to perform that, and the schedule for that is for how long you wish to skim the surface.

I run my VSP 24/7 at 1100rpm which is more than enough to close the flow switch on my RJ45+ SWG. I don't have any water features, so it's a pretty basic setup. Before I bought my robot, I would manually bump up the VSP to 3250rpm for 30 minutes to vacuum for better suction, but that is a thing of the past. :whoot:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.