Pump Start up after several days below freezing

se7930

Sep 8, 2020
North Texas
So, down here in Texas, we had a pretty rough week with the weather. freezing temps, snow, power outages, you name it we got it this past week. Well, last Monday as all this was starting to go down, I decided to drain my pump, filter, polaris pump, and heater (this on the recommendation of my pool company, since we didnt know what our power situation was going to be in the coming days). When I talked to them, they told me what to do with the plugs in the pump, and polaris pump, and to drain water from the filter and heater. They never mentioned doing anything with the SWCG.

Today I was able to clear out the skimmers and break up the ice in the pool and ensure the returns were free of ice and went to fire up the pumps again. The attached video shows what I was greeted with. My SWCG and one of my valves are spewing water. My question is really about the SWCG as I havent been able to find any schematic drawings for it... based on the video, does this appear to something that can be solved by replacing a seal in the unit or does it appear the unit is toast and will need to be replaced?

Side note, this is a brand new unit, pool was just installed, and my 30 days post plaster just passed during this winter storm. So we never heated the pool, havent used it yet and never used the SWCG ... Im not sure how the pool company will handle this, but in the meantime, I thought I would ask the question here since I wont be able to talk to them till Monday

You have a break in the Jandy valve with the actuator on top. That needs to be cut out and replaced.

The SWG probably needs replacement. That can be confirmed after the unions are used to remove it and examine it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.