Bbp

Jun 3, 2016
md
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Local electric company is offering $150 rebate for 2 speed and $400 for variable.

We were planning on upgrading this year from a single speed . What should I buy?

Would also like to put in some solar panels and a heater, but I'm sure that's a whole mess.

Thanks

@ OP...suggest you visit BGE or your local electric company website and go to Pool Pump Rebate page. They should have a list of Energy Star Certified models eligible for rebates! Pick the pump base on your own preference and then come back to us if you have any questions. I'm sure you'll never get ignored here. Good luck!

@ OP...suggest you visit BGE or your local electric company website and go to Pool Pump Rebate page. They should have a list of Energy Star Certified models eligible for rebates! Pick the pump base on your own preference and then come back to us if you have any questions. I'm sure you'll never get ignored here. Good luck!
So many choices on the list. I guess my first question should have been 2speed or variable?

Hey we are neighbors! I got the Jandy VSP and got the $400. I would suggest 100% go with VSP. You won't regret it. Just make sure you get the exact model they show on the rebate list. If you are unsure, call them and ask.

Like pool gate said get a pump that is the exact match to one on the list. I would also say go with a VS pump.

Looking forward to your future equipment upgrades pick brand and model of the pump based on the automation/control system you plan to go with. With VS pumps and control systems you really want to keep them all the same brand.

Like pool gate said get a pump that is the exact match to one on the list. I would also say go with a VS pump.

Looking forward to your future equipment upgrades pick brand and model of the pump based on the automation/control system you plan to go with. With VS pumps and control systems you really want to keep them all the same brand.

I haven't even considered any automation or control systems. I need a plan

Alright. So I'm not going to do any automation. Looks like the newer pumps can be programmed.

Big question is Pentair, Hayward, or the Splash pump?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.