Pump Replacement Quote(s)

ZWExton

Gold Supporter
May 17, 2018
Allen, TX
Hey all,

My Hayward pump seems to have sputtered to an unfortunate end after just 3.5yrs. Last night the pump shut itself off, with the display indicated the pump had stalled. Attempts to restart resulted in a quick "vrr" and then another stall.

Had a tech out today who I like a lot, the very tech who installed this pump years ago. He advised the drive was shot, and it'd be almost as much to replace that versus the whole pump. I've also had an intermittent issue with the motherboard where the clock will stop until I manually reset the time, at which point it'll run fine again until it stops days, weeks, or even months later. Weird! So the board is on its way out too.

Anyway - see the estimate(s) below and give me your feedback. The first is to replace the pump + board with a wifi-capable option. This will also replace actuators.

Second estimate is to just replace the pump with another Hayward, with the option to replace the motherboard.

Attachments

• IMG_20190211_141158.jpg
    IMG_20190211_141158.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 54
Your signature does not describe all your pool equipment and existing automation to comment on what may fit best into your system.

I prefer Pentair Intelliflo VS pumps.

ZW,
You need to contract Hayward and get them to fix their defective product. This pump has had more issues then all the other pumps combined. If they will not fix it including parts and labor, then you need to examine the Pentair options. As noted, do you have any type of automation systems? if not, then your choice should be clear on the Pentair Intelliflo, you can program it from its panel...

As Rob mentioned, the 1.85HP VSP seems to be a much better design, but you have 2.7HP...there's a larger model of Rob's, but not a lot of history or performance records. Call Hayward and just mention ecostar and you should get help, esp if a pool professional installed and has maintained it...good luck

EDIT: Note, you need to get a quote from a Pentair Rep for the 3HP Intelliflo...those quotes are VERY HIGH...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.