pump replacement and plumbing advice

Hi. I have two 2hp Whisperflo pumps that are on their way out and some ~20 year old PVC that probably needs some attention. The automatic controller simply turns them on for two minutes a day, and we turn them on through the iAqualink about 10x/year for an hour each.

I need advice on two matters:
1. What's the best replacement pump option for this particular use case? Expensive is okay if there's actually value there but I don't like spending stupidly.
2. What should I be doing about the plumbing? In the photo you can see the fountain pump that I replaced on the left side. There I had an easy time because of I could use the outside of the 1.5x2 check valve (the last guy used the inside of it, of course) but in this case it's not at all clear to me a) where the new work/old work line should be and b) how I am going to fit the ball valves herePXL_20210519_152931688.jpgPXL_20210519_152615228.jpg

OK -- you do not show a spa or the pumps in your signature.

If it takes two pumps for the spa, I doubt you can get away with using just one VS pump for the spa. If you wish, I am sure the plumbing can be modified to use the VS pump for all functions, but you will not get the spa action.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.