Pump quits after prime cycle

RedSkip

Apr 25, 2021
Sienna Texas
I recently had a Hayward TriStar SP32950VSP installed in January-21. Last night I noticed the pool water wasn't spilling over the spa which made me think it was just a start/stop issue from changing speeds on the controller. This morning, I noticed the spa wasn't spilling over again, and turned the pump off. Stood by the pump/controller and restarted the pump. The pump turned on and ran its prime cycle before throttling down to the RPM's desired. At this point, the pump turns off and stops. It starts fine, primes good, holds prime, just won't run...

I'm thinking it's the run capacitor, but I wanted to reach out to the community. Has anyone else seen this in the past? Seems odd...

Thanks for your time,
B

So, I turned off all the power the panel (flipped breakers) and let the system sit for 2 minutes. Flipped all the breakers on, and the pumped primed and went into its normal RPM speed setting for the current Time of Day. Currently running 1553 rpms according to the controller, whereas before it turned off after the Prime Cycle.

Fluke? Or is this a trend for something I should expect to fail in the future?

B

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.